At SourceDay, we’re seeking a Data Scientist who is passionate about impact. Our team has a direct role in helping manufacturers keep their supply chains running in the wake of COVID-19 disruptions. We help product companies large and small ensure they have the materials they need to keep factories running and deliver products on time. Our customers span multiple sectors including transportation, health and beauty, technology and sports recreation, all of which are critical for a healthy, vibrant economy.
As a member of our fast-growing data science team, we’ll rely on your creativity, experience and technical acumen to create data insights, analytics, and machine learning models that catalyze action and enable strategic decision making for our customers. You’ll probably also see your work cited in the press over time as our insights are regularly published in both industry news and national publications like Forbes.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Knowledge of SQL and Python
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data platforms (e.g. Snowflake)
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or relevant field
- Graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field preferred
SourceDay removes waste and mistakes from global supply chains by freeing teams from unorganized email messages and cumbersome spreadsheets. More than 100 manufacturers use SourceDay to manage the billions of dollars that they spend on the materials they need to make their products. Managing spends through SourceDay’s centralized platform eliminates human error and inefficiency while dramatically improving a company’s ability to maximize margin and meet customer commitments on time.
SourceDay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, veteran status or disability.
*Local Candidates Only
To apply, email us at email@example.com.