One Place for Everything
SourceDay makes the job of a buyer easier, simpler and a whole lot more enjoyable. We automate the PO lifecycle so there are fewer risks, less cost and better outcomes.
“Our customers see an average improvement of 35% in supplier on-time delivery using SourceDay.”
– Tom Kieley, CEO and Co-founder, SourceDay
One of the biggest challenges for manufacturing and distribution buyers is efficient collaboration with suppliers. With the sheer volume of parts being ordered and so much relying on those parts arriving perfectly, supplier relationships are critical. A delay, an error, poor quality materials or miscommunication can have detrimental implications with ripple effects that impact the end customer.
ERP systems, like SAP, NetSuite and Epicor, help companies manage their businesses from financial operations to inventory management, production and customer fulfillment. As good as ERP systems are, they all have feature gaps in functionality. Today’s ERP systems lack effective tools for managing purchase orders and suppliers. Once the ERP establishes requirements and the POs are generated, most buyers leave their ERP systems and rely on static, manual spreadsheets, emails, phone calls and faxes to handle the rest. This equates to data in the ERP system being out of sync and creates aggravation, mistakes while making it impossible for manufacturing and distribution companies to schedule production runs and forecast deliveries to their customers.
SourceDay eliminates all of the headaches associated with purchase order and supplier management.
SourceDay cloud-based purchase order management software integrates with the most commonly used ERP systems to streamline and digitize the purchase order process.
“If your organization lives and dies by data that’s in the business system, you must understand it and make sure your data is good data. SourceDay offers a centralized location that makes vendor updates easily accessible, promoting users to be accountable for ensuring data is up to date and accurate. Buyers are thus empowered to be more effective and productive.”
– Brian Maden, Global Supply Manager at UEC
A Buyer’s Dream
Once the PO is created, that’s when SourceDay takes over as the conduit between the buyer’s ERP and the supplier. No more spending hours tracking down orders or digging through emails. Our automated purchase order system guarantees:
- Buyers have instant access to the status of every line item of every order
- Buyers can quickly identify problem areas, such as unacknowledged POs, late items or PO changes
- Order changes are highlighted for buyers to “accept” or “reject” with one click
- Buyers can quickly identify which suppliers are helping and hurting your business
- Buyers receive timely PO acknowledgments without hounding suppliers
- PO changes and buyer-supplier collaborations are date and time stamped for auditing
- Real-time supplier scorecard allows buyers and suppliers to instantly assess performance
- Suppliers are automatically reminded when POs are nearing their due dates, are late or being expedited
- Every buyer-supplier communication thread is captured for historical reference
- All PO changes like due dates are automatically fed back into buyer’s ERP
- Suppliers can import data directly from SourceDay to their system with no manual entry
INTERNAL TEAM COLLABORATION
- All roles across the business gain access to PO activity to eliminate “Where are my parts?” questions
- Employees can schedule coverage and manage other buyers’ POs when they’re out of office
- The need for unnecessary meetings is drastically reduced