Lead Software Engineer
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
SourceDay is the leading cloud-based software solution that automates the procurement and purchase order management process. Supplier collaboration is the first mile of a manufacturer’s supply chain and we help make it run smoother. SourceDay automates communication between buyers and suppliers and integrates with any ERP system.
SourceDay is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to lead one of our software teams in the continued development of our Ruby on Rails application to building new features, extend current functionality, refactor existing code, investigate issues, and collaborate with the other development and product leads to ensure a reliable data feed to the application. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, hands-on engineer who loves mentoring, leading by example, solving problems, and working cohesively with team members to get sprint work across the line.
- Work closely with your product lead to review current sprint work, upcoming work, and help with grooming of tickets
- Work closely with product and support to investigate escalated issues to determine the level of impact and complexity of the fix
- Lead a team of engineers to make sure tickets contain all the technical details needed to complete the work prior to the sprint starting and that all developers are following the agreed upon process and coding standards
- Review Pull Requests from your team to ensure best practices, suggest improvements, validate that all edge cases are appropriately tested for
- Work with the other development leads on larger epics that may impact their team to determine if work from other teams will be required to complete the epic
- Meet with your team in one on one’s every other week to see if there’s anything you or the company could be improving upon
- Be aware of issues like security, scalability, and reusability as we continue to build out features
Extensive Experience In:
- Team leadership / mentorship / management
- Web application development with Ruby on Rails
- Unit testing with Rspec
- MySQL / DB
- Scrum / Agile Development
Some Experience In:
- Experience with Microservice networking, Load balancing and service discovery concepts.
- NoSQL (ElasticSearch a plus)
SourceDay removes waste and mistakes from global supply chains by freeing teams from unorganized email messages and cumbersome spreadsheets. More than 100 manufacturers use SourceDay to manage the billions of dollars that they spend on the materials they need to make their products. Managing spends through SourceDay’s centralized platform eliminates human error and inefficiency while dramatically improving a company’s ability to maximize margin and meet customer commitments on time.
SourceDay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, veteran status or disability.
*Local Candidates Only
To apply, email us at email@example.com.