Technical Operations Engineer
Location: Austin, TX office – US
SourceDay is seeking a Technical Operations Engineer to be apart of our Ninja Engineering Team. SourceDay is the leading cloud-based software solution that automates the purchase order management process. By seamlessly integrating with ERP systems, SourceDay extends purchasing capabilities by centralizing and managing the PO lifecycle for buyers and suppliers, eliminating manual processes while improving supplier performance. SourceDay specializes in bringing life to our customer’s data through our proprietary transformations. These transformations are managed, by folks like yourself, across an array of complex ecosystems. Through SourceDay’s optimized subscribe and publish model you will have the opportunity to enhance and support the data pipeline capabilities and keep our doughnut factory running. SourceDay needs someone who has the experience in managing a data pipeline and provides a high level of service continuity with excellent communications to our customers.
Do you like to:
- Dig deep and troubleshoot problems?
- Communicate with customers to put their worries at ease with informative and helpful insight?
- Master the art of keeping our systems and pipelines running efficiently?
- Take pride in your stewardship of the making sure we maintain data integrity and the voice of the customer?
If you answered yes to all of these then you will enjoy being a part of the SourceDay’s engineering team.
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; completing troubleshooting procedures
- Interface with customers and their IT teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues; hold conference calls for status updates; manage operation calls for upgrades and system changes with customers
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends
- Technical escalation point for all things related to our platform, including on an on-call basis. Must be available 24/7 as needed to support critical operations and events
- Maintaining, upgrading, optimizing and ensuring maximum uptime of live, pre-production and dev environments
- Troubleshooting and fixing (or escalating) application, network, system and database issues
- Participating in the implementation of new system and infrastructure projects
- Ensuring that systems monitoring setup is robust and properly structured
- Assisting the various Technical Platform Teams with tasks that require optimization/modifications to the current infrastructure
- Overseeing the preparation of environments for the testing of software releases, participate in the planning, scheduling, and execution of said releases
- Preparing documentation and handover to Customer Success team, for recurrent operational tasks
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of products, functions, features, and benefits
- Translate customer needs assessments for complex implementations and work with our data integration team for successful onboarding of our customers
- Maintain quality control through establishing and maintaining technical operations standards
- Provide knowledge and training on products to the internal team
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in critical operations
- Must have strong relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills including the ability to convey complex technical information in a manner that non-technical individuals can comprehend
- Must be able to interpret the application of relevant policies, procedures, SOPs, and standards
- Willingness to adopt a work-to-finish attitude, recognizing that in order to deliver projects on time working longer hours may at times be required
- A proven track record in IT engineering; Linux server administration experience
- Container technologies (Docker); configuration management and automation tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Source control systems (GIT); web servers experience (Apache, Nginx)
- Ability to document technical concepts/procedures; relevant understanding of IT security
- Public/Private Cloud experience; experience with leveraging and integrating within AWS compute and network services portfolio
- Scripting languages; good experience with object-oriented and/or functional languages (e.g. C#, Java, Scala, Go, Python)
To Apply: email us at careers-engineering@SourceDay.com