Technical Operations Engineer
To apply, email us at email@example.com
SourceDay is the leading cloud-based software solution that automates the purchase order management process. By seamlessly integrating with ERP systems, SourceDay extends purchasing capabilities by centralizing and managing the PO lifecycle for buyers and suppliers, eliminating manual
processes while improving supplier performance.
Through SourceDay’s optimized subscribe and publish model you will have the opportunity to enhance and support the data pipeline capabilities and keep our doughnut factory running. SourceDay needs someone who has the experience in managing a data pipeline and provides a high level of service continuity with excellent communications to our customers.
Do you like to:
- Dig deep and troubleshoot problems?
- Communicate with internal and external customers to put their worries at ease with informative and helpful insight?
- Master the art of keeping our systems and pipelines running efficiently?
- Take pride in your stewardship of making sure we maintain data integrity and the voice of the customer?
If you answered yes to all of these then you will enjoy being a part of SourceDay’s team.
As a Product Training Specialist you will be primarily responsible for full life cycle training for customers to include —-
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; completing troubleshooting procedures
- Occasionally Interface with customers and their IT teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends
- Technical escalation point for all things related to our platform, including on an on-call basis. Must be available 24/7 as needed to support critical operations and events
- Maintaining, upgrading, optimizing, and ensuring maximum uptime of live, pre-production and dev environments
- Troubleshooting and fixing (or escalating) application, network, system, and database issues
- Monitoring data flow between production and client system
- Ensuring that systems monitoring setup is robust and properly structured
- Assisting the various Technical Platform Teams with tasks that require optimization/modifications to the current infrastructure
- Preparing documentation and handover to Customer Success team, for recurrent operational tasks
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of products, functions, features, and security compliance
- Translate complex implementations and work with our data integration team for building robust troubleshooting procedures
- Maintain quality control through establishing and maintaining technical operations standards
- Provide knowledge and training on products to the internal team
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in critical operations
- Must have strong relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills including the ability to convey complex technical information in a manner that non-technical individuals can comprehend
- Highly proficient with MySQL queries and data models
- Ability to multi-task and keen troubleshooting intuition
- A proven track record in IT engineering; Linux server administration experience
- Source control systems (GIT); web servers experience (Apache, Nginx)
- Ability to document technical concepts/procedures, relevant understanding of IT security
- Public/Private Cloud experience; experience with leveraging and integrating within AWS compute and network services portfolio
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python preferred
Position Type / Hours Expected:
This is a full-time position. Normal business hours are 7 – 4 Monday through Friday. Some night and weekend work may be required based on needs.
SourceDay removes waste and mistakes from global supply chains by freeing teams from unorganized email messages and cumbersome spreadsheets. More than 100 manufacturers use SourceDay to manage the billions of dollars that they spend on the materials they need to make their products. Managing spends through SourceDay’s centralized platform eliminates human error and inefficiency while dramatically improving a company’s ability to maximize margin and meet customer commitments on time.
SourceDay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, veteran status or disability.
*Local Candidates Only
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.